To get to Muir Woods you drive down into this canyon on some very windy roads. You can't see any big Redwood trees. I was getting disapointed, and Ben was laughing at me. Then we saw a sign that said Redwood groves. I was pretty excited. Here is Ben and Josh getting ready for the "hike". Turns out we could have brought the stroller because it is all boardwalk. Josh loves ties and drawstrings-so he especially loves his new hat.

These Redwoods are huge and so amazing to see in person. I can't believe they are still not as big as some I've seen in pictures. These trees are unique in that they reproduce not only from seeds, but also from degenerating trees. They form a family circle around an old deceased tree. A favorite quote we heard a teenager say to her dad, "I am not impressed with these trees."
But we sure were!


3 comments:
I love seeing all your family adventures. It makes me miss being out west. I'm glad you are having fun in California!
you guys are having fun! the trees are amazing! what silly teenager :) but i'm sure i thought the same thing too when i was younger.
I went to Muir Woods when I was in San Fran a few years back and I thought the trees were pretty amazing too. Glad to hear you're enjoying your time in Cali.
Post a Comment