Monday, July 16, 2007

just love being a mom...

As I said before, Josh has been fussy trying to cut his teeth. It has been next to impossible to get him to sleep sometimes. He screams (the piercing break your heart kind of scream) when you lay him down, screams when you rock him, screams in his carseat, screams when you walk outside--last night we tried everything and finally he cried himself to sleep, all red faced and wet cheeks. Thank goodness he doesn't do this always, but there have been a few bouts of it the last couple of days. Then tonight it started again, and I thought "oh no, not again". He wouldn't nurse, didn't want me to hold him, and didn't want to lay down. So I plopped down on my bed with him burritoed up. An amazing thing happened-he calmed. So we stayed on the bed for a few minutes forehead to forehead humming primary songs, his eyes started to close and within minutes he was asleep. These sweet moments of being a mom. I just stayed there snuggled with my sweet little guy. What more could you want in all the world.

4 comments:

Timo said...

What a wonderful picture. In my mind I can see you two forehead to forehead and a little bit of heaven around you.

We miss you.

-becky

carie said...

Cassi,
I am glad you commented on my blog so I could find you again. I had no idea what you guys were up to. So you are living in California? Why? and your moving soon? Where?
Send me an email to let me know what is going on and where you will end up. You guys sound like you are having fun with all your adventures. Josh is so cute. We were going to do the same thing you did with the move and shipping our car with a Boston Company. I am glad we didn't! I hope you are well. We miss you!
Carie

Meta said...

so sweet. moments like that make it all worth it.

Shay said...

How precious! Those are the moments I live for and that make it all worth it. You are a remarkable mom!