Thursday, July 12, 2007

California...we finally made it!

Sorry I need to take more picture of the area. This is one from our balcony. There is a golf course behind our apartment complex. There is also a really nice pool. I took Josh swimming for the first time the other day and he really liked it.
Looking so cool dude in his sunglasses! He doesn't really like them, but can't figure out what to do about it.
Josh turned five months yesterday and got his first tooth. He has been having a fussy time with this teething stuff. Hopefully it will get easier for him. We also fed him rice cereal for the first time. He didn't down it the same way Cameron did. Instead he wanted to hold the spoon and feed himself. It was pretty funny and very messy! Then he got a bath and he LOVES the bath. He doesn't stop kicking his legs the whole time he's in there. Then he rolls over and sticks his face in the water and comes up sputtering and smiling. I think we have a little fish on our hands. ( I realized we videoed both of these events but forgot to take pictures with the camera...oops!)
Another first...the jumper. We brought this to Cali because it didn't take much space in the car. I am glad he likes it!

As you can see we are now settled (considering we will only be here for 6 weeks, and most of our stuff is in Ben's parents garage in Utah) in Walnut Creek, CA. I love it here, and have said if I could transplant all of my Boston friends and Utah family it would be the best place. The weather is awesome. It cools down nicely at night and is sunny and warm during the day. There are lots of trails for running and walking and some pretty parks. Everything is so convenient and close. Ben works about 2 miles away, church is 10 minutes away, and pretty much everything else is an easy 5-10 minute drive. Yet it doesn't feel busy. It is definitely suburbia.

6 comments:

Em Russ said...

I know I already said it... but we really miss you guys!

Shay said...

I so excited to hear that things are going good in CA. I love that everthing is close by for you. Enjoy the next 6 weeks and can't wait to hear about your next adventure.

Nora said...

I love your blog! It seems that you guys are doing well! I am jealous you are in California. Josh is darling. We are going to Utah at the end of this month, I was hoping to see you guys, maybe next time. Good luck! Love, Nora

Marci said...

Hey Cassi! So good to hear that you made it finally to CA! I didn't know you were ending up in Walnut Creek! My aunt and uncle live in Alamo. Larry and Lynda Wilson. All their kids are grown and out of the house now... but you might run into them!

I too LOVE that area. I would live there in a heartbeat if we could afford housing any better there than here. :) GREAT weather though. Love the blog! It's so fun to keep in touch this way! Little Josh is ADORABLE. Take care!

john and nikki said...

Glad to hear everything is calming down and working out for the best for you guys. Cali is so nice, enjoy the weatehr and the short commutes to everything. Josh is so cute! I wish we lived closer to get to know him better and enjoy him, he's adorable! enjoy your brief hiatus in cali and good luck with the next move to Utah. it'll be nice to be near both of your families.

Meta said...

wow - sounds like a vacation spot!! can i come visit? :)