So today I was looking at the boys baby books with them, and realized I have been such a horrible blogger/journal keeper lately. I am going to forget all the funny and cute things they are saying and doing. So I am going to hopefully get our blog caught up in the next couple of weeks. But for now the funny stuff...
The boys were playing happily upstairs and I decided to jump in the shower. I locked the bathroom door. (this is a new thing since they are getting older and I would just like a few minutes to myself :)) Well within a minute they all of a sudden both desperately needed me and were banging on the door. Weston said, "you locked the door, why? Unlock the door, Mom."
My tone was exasperated when I replied, "Boys just give me five minutes!"
Josh replied with concern, "I don't have five minutes." I couldn't help but laugh at his very literal interpretation.
We were getting in the car to go to Seven Peaks (which is exhausting for me at this point). I bribed the boys into their carseats with a chocolate raisin. I only had 2 so I gave one to both Wes and Josh. Weston was furious and threw the raisin at my head demanding two for both hands. He was screaming and throwing a huge tantrum and we weren't even down the road yet. I lost my patience pulled the car over and yelled at Weston, which did not help. A few minutes later I apologized to him for losing my temper and told him I shouldn't yell like that.
Josh said, "Mom you need to read that book again that tells you how to be a good mom and not yell at your kids." Apparently he has seen me reading parenting books and taken that from my explanation of what the book is about.
Sunday, August 14, 2011
So far behind...
Posted by Cassi at 9:54 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
So funny Cassi! Your boys are adorable and congrats to both you and Ben on his graduation!! Hugs!!
Yes, what is it about a locked bathroom door. They can't stand it!
That's awesome about the raisin! That's like when as I am yelling at Jack he says "But I still love you Mom!"
We miss you guys! Please come visit anytime!
oh man. Why don't you read some books and learn how to be a good mom... I wish I had thought of that!!
miss you.
p.s. LOVE your new cute family picture!
Post a Comment