I just wanted to say THANK YOU to all of our wonderful friends and family. Cameron's birthday was a wonderful day. I felt such peace and happiness throughout the day. Thanks to so many for praying for, thinking of us, and letting balloons go "high to the moon". I think the biggest fear for parents who have lost a child is that their child will be forgotten. Yesterday was a reminder that Cameron's influence has been and continues to be far reaching. He will never be forgotten and continues to teach us how to love.
Ben came home Saturday night with these beautiful tulips. Very sweet and sentimental. I planted bulbs the fall after Cameron died and then in the spring they bloomed. Our neighbors have said how nice it is when they come up again and remind them of us and Cameron. It just seems symbolic.....for a season in the cold ground but then to bloom in the sunshine of Spring.
Eating Cameron's favorite...animal crackers and opening a favorite book of Cameron's sent by Yama.
Cameron's baseball cake.

Josh holding all the balloons. (this is just a preview picture...I am going to post a slideshow of more pics soon.)
9 comments:
Thank you so much for letting us share Cameron's birthday with you guys. I'm so glad you guys were able to feel peace yesterday. Although I never knew Cameron, I feel like I know him as you share stories of Cameron's life with me. As I look at Josh, I can see Cameron in him, he is so adorable. We love you guys!
We will always remember Cameron. Kay talks about him all the time! And there is no way we could forget about that cute little guy. We enjoyed sending off balloons and I hope you received Brian's email with the pictures. If you didn't let me know. Love you guys!
The best memory I have of Cameron is that Christmas at Jayne's house letting him and Chayse play together. They are so close in age, and remembering how amazing he was in his coordination and thinking wow, he is soo good with throwing and kicking and he just loved balls. I love that about him. You guys are amazing people and great examples to our family. Thank you. He will never be forgotten in our family. Hope to see you over the holidays and Josh and Jake can finally meet. Take care.
Thank you for letting us be a part of Cameron's special day. It felt good. We will be sending you some pictures soon. We love you!
Hey Cassie,
I came across your blog today. It is so fun to see you and your addorable family. Hope you are doing well. Sara always gives me little updates she gets from her Mom here and there. Just wanted you to know you have been in many of my prayers.
-MiRanda (Williamson) Wiseman
We love you guys and miss you. That was a sweet thing to do for Cameron. I am sure he enjoyed watching all of the balloons!
Thanks so much for letting us join you. It was touching to be able to get to know him on his birthday. You are amazing parents and such an example of faith. I know that Cameron is proud of you. I'll send you my photos as soon as I get a second to download them!
Sorry this is a little late, but I hope Cameron's birthday was a good one. We are praying for you guys and hoping all went well. We miss you guys and Cameron. You guys are great examples to us of how to persevere in the face of a huge trial of faith. We love you!
I will send pictures in the next day or two. Thanks for inviting us to share his birthday. It was a great experience!
Post a Comment