Thursday, August 12, 2010

Blessings

Cameron a few days old
Cameron had such a scary entrance into this world, expecially compared with the births of my other boys. Sometimes I wonder if his time was even supposed to be shorter and he so badly wanted to use that little body he was blessed with more time. I don't know. But I think his scary birth in some ways prepared us. It made me recognize how fragile life is and how little control we have. It also made me think about my mom and my older sister Jessica. My mom lost her first child when she was only a day old. It wan't something we talked about growing up. But I knew about Jessica. I recognized how strong my mom was and had a tiny glimpse of how difficult that must have been. Life is strange!



This picture is the day we blessed Cameron...and Ben looks so young! We had just returned from a 10 day cruise with my whole family. Yes, we were naive parents and took our 7 week old on a 10 day cruise to the Panama Canal. There were a few moments on the cruise I realized it was kind of crazy and I thought, "what are we doing?" But for the most part it was really fun. Cameron did great and slept better on the boat then he had at home. Then we stayed in Utah for a week or so to introduce Cameron to Ben's family and to bless him.

The morning of his blessing, Cameron was fussy and sick. He had his first cold. We were worried about him because he was so upset. We ended up rushing him to the dr. office Sunday morning and then were late to church. He was fine, just a cold. I remember I bought this little outfit for his blessing and of course since he was 2 months old I had to buy 3-6 month size! Cameron was such a big guy.

Ben gave a beautiful blessing (which we didn't record!). He was extremely emotional even for awhile afterwards. I think even in Cameron's life we felt how strong his spirit was. He would stare right through you with those beautiful blue eyes. I felt on more than one occasion that he knew me and that our spirits were communicating. I still feel that with him now. I know that he holds a special place in our family. I know that he is watching out for us and we will get opportunities to feel him near.

10 comments:

The Busby Family said...

Thank you for sharing Cassi.

Anonymous said...

Yes, thanks for sharing. I am enjoying getting to know Cameron a little more. What a great reunion it will be for all you someday- and in the scheme of things- soon! Can't wait to get back and see you all1

Erin said...

Cass,

I have loved all of the posts you have made of Cameron. I love getting to know him through your writing, and learning about your experiences. Please, don't stop. I want to listen. And if it is at all helpful to you, well then, all the better.

Missing you!!

Em Russ said...

I totally know exactly what you mean about him staring right through you. Then he'd usually bump his forehead on yours.... love your little guy. Miss him and hope tomorrow is ok for you! I'll be thinkin' for you!

Amber said...

That was so sweet and so true about Cameron. I will never forget the moment Cameron looked at me with those eyes and I felt of his Spirit. I knew he was special. I hope you are doing okay today. I am thinking of you and your family. Love you!

AshlieM said...

He is a special little guy. I hope that you are doing alright. Your words are encouraging and strong, keep posting!

Kimberly said...

Love you guys. You continue to strengthen me on so many levels.
All our love!

scooping it up said...

Love these memories of Cameron. I was thinking about you the other week and wanted to come comment on your blog. I think abut Cameron every August and I always will. He was an amazing little guy and your family will always be an example to us. Hope you are well. The boys are too cute!

Ashley Taylor said...

I only knew your little one for a few hours but he will forever hold a special place in my thoughts. You and Ben hold an even more special place for the parents you are to him. What a true pleasure to know people like you. All our best
AShley Taylor

Rhandi said...

Cassi, your posts are beautiful and touching. You are keeping the memory of your special Cameron boy alive and it is so touching to get to Know Cameron through you. I really admire you. Thank you for sharing.