Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Baseball Boy


This is true Cameron. In these pictures he is only 19 months old (the same age as Weston!). He loved everything ball. Now I recognize how amazingly coordinated he was. I think he just knew he had to race to do as much as he could in his short time here with a body. We played ball all day long...seriously. I even started getting better with all that practice. He could play pass, catch the ball with his mitt, pitch the ball complete with windup and pretty accurate, and hit the ball with the bat when we pitched to him. Really is amazing... He would watch the big boys play at the park and on tv with dad and then he would mimic their skills. I even started avoiding parks with basketball hoops and baseball diamonds because I knew instead of visiting with the other moms as our kids played on the playground, I would be trying to keep Cameron out of baseball and basketball games. He would wait on the side until a ball came his way then throw it back and try to join the game. And often if it wasn't a real game, people couldn't say no to him with his quick and easy smile and excitement for the game. Big boys would pass him the ball and lift him so he could make the shot. Such an easy kid to love.

5 comments:

Audrey and the Boys said...

I love reading about Cameron. I am sure you are right that he was racing along to do all he could with the short time that he had. What an amazing boy.

Shay said...

I remember one park day with you and Cameron. All the moms were playing with the kids on the swings and I was up there with you because Trejan wanted to run the bases and pretend he was swinging a bat too. Love the photos of that cute Cameron kid and that huge smile of his!

Em Russ said...

ahhh, I miss him. So much. So so much!!

Anonymous said...

decide what day this week you want me to tend so you can go to the temple. Love you

Mindy said...

He was so advanced and talented! I have a hard time thinking of Cameron as the little guy that he was. I picture him much older than he really was. He was older beyond his days in other ways as well. I still think of how sweet and caring he was about all of his friends. He was so kind to Kay and I hope that he knows how much I love him. I hope you know too!