Thursday, January 22, 2009

Can you hear me?

Things I say at least 10 times a day:

Be soft
Stay by me
Do you want to go to time out?
Don't tip on your chair
I love you
What a good big brother
Big boys go poop in the potty

Ok so I am sure there are more if I paid attention. Sometimes I think maybe Josh really can't hear me, then I say do you want a treat and he magically responds. Today I ventured to the mall. We went to the shoe store and I put a pair of shoes on Josh. He took off running, which was fine except he ran right towards the door. I called after him asking him to turn around and run this way, but he just kept going speeding toward the door. When he crossed into the mall the alarm sounded. He froze in his tracks turned around and ran back to me freaked out. I tried not to laugh cause he was really scared and close to tears. It was funny...I told him that is why you don't run away from your mom.

8 comments:

Johnny said...

My niece was terrified of laser pointers at that age. So when they went out my brother would bring his laser pointer along and if she started to run away he would just shine the laser in front of her. Then she would come running back.

Jenny C said...

That is hilarious! Your a great mom, Cass!!

Mel said...

Now those are the kind of consequences that you don't mind your child experiencing at a young age. I'm sure he'll never run out of a store again (I hope, at least).

AshlieM said...

That's great! How funny, I bet it's a lot of work having 2!

Em Russ said...

ha ha, I need to figure out how to teach my kids that lesson! Especially when they all 3 decide to run in different directions...

lramey said...

don't you love it when stuff like that happens in your favor? my friend's lil bro was playing outside in some storm one day and it started to lightening, they told him to come inside so he didn't get struck- he said no. then he went running around, tripped, and face planted on the dirt road. He looked up, horrified, and said- oh man lightening really hurts!

gotta love those lil boys

Amber said...

That is so funny! Hopefully he will stay close by now...at least for a while.:)

Audrey and the Boys said...

That is too funny Cassi. Maybe he will think for the rest of his life that if he doesn't listen an alarm will go off! If it works let me know and I'll have to set up a similar situation for my boys to learn from!