Cameron's favorite movie was Hoosiers. It really was. We would watch it once a day, and he would dunk his basketball and shoot right along with the movie. He even started dunking in slow motion complete with background crowd noise.

So today I decided maybe Josh would like it. After I put it in (Josh had no interest) I realized the last time I watched it was with Cameron. I sat and watched it and was crying by the time it was over, thinking of my little basketball star, Cameron. He loved life and sometimes I feel that he was jipped (and me too for that matter). As I was feeling this I realized his time will come. He will be reunited with his body again and he will play basketball again. There must be basketball during the millenium...specially for somebody who loved it so much. :)
This isn't the best video. The better ones are on our real video camera which I don't know how to upload here. Keep in mind he is only 18 months here. At one point, Ben actually moved the hoop up to 5 ft. and Cameron sat and made it all day. This kid loved to play ball!
8 comments:
I was thinking about this the other day when Zack wanted to watch a basketball game on TV. I bet he'd like Hoosiers (though not as much as Cameron!) What a sweet post Cassi. It brought tears to my eyes too. Hearing his gruff little voice say "Yeah" on that video just brought back so many memories. I still can't believe he could make all those baskets. He could probably shoot better than me! I miss that little guy so much. Thanks for posting stuff about him so I can remember the sweet times and how much I love him! (Love you guys too!!)
This was a fun post to read. We didn't know he was dunking in slow motion with the crowd noise. Kay will get such a kick out of this video. Thank you for sharing these fun memories of Cameron with us. It is so nice to remember him and how much we love him. Love you too!
I still remember coming to visit teach you and Cameron was something like 4 months old and walking around your house. ;) He was SO ADVANCED that way! It seemed like he couldn't wait to figure out his little body so he could have adventures. Love the video. So sweet.
AND little Josh looks SO BIG in those pics below! And so blonde! When did that happen???
With two tall, gorgeous parents, what kid of yours won't be into basketball?
(NOTE: The gorgeous part doesn't really matter for Basketball skills.)
That is crazy! I can't believe he was only 18 months. What a little basketball star. And to sit and watch Hoosiers, that is the icing on the cake! Thanks for sharing that video with us all!
Very cute video. Thanks for sharing it with us. Cameron will always have a special place in so many people's hearts. It's nice to remember things he enjoyed.
I am sure Cameron is counting down the days to play again. Ben better start practicing because Cameron is going to waste him someday!
Hi Cassi, what a great post. I loved that video, and what a gift to know that Cameron will get his body back,and get to play basketball with his dad and brother. I am sure the game will be around in the celestial kingdom-I know the Hopkin boys wouldn't go without it. : )
Post a Comment