For my Mom
In the small moments of my day I remember how you played with me.
I remember your smile and enthusiasm for life
How a simple couch could transform into a magical fortress…all you had to do was crawl behind it and once on the other side everything was brighter.
The world outside was full of wonder. Diddle dawdling was encouraged and curiosity praised.
The kitchen wasn’t just your domain but a shared place of invention.
That is how it has always been. You gave me the ingredients and let me go…to create my own way.
Now as I play with my children I remember your example. I remember how blessed I am to have you as my Mom, and I want my children to feel the same way.
So in those small moments I ignore the dishes and the “to do list” and I play.
The couch becomes a giant ship surrounded by alligators, and pillows the islands.
We make cookies with a few eggshells and sugar spilled on the floor.
We stop to examine every bug, stick, and rock along our path.
And I remember I am doing the most important job in the world.
Thanks for showing me how to be a good Mom and for being the best Mom for me. Your touch is far reaching.
.jpg)

5 comments:
That was so sweet Cassi! You're mom's such a fun, good example! I know she's amazing because she raised you! Love you and hope your day was good yesterday. I'll call soon, I promise! :)
Hold on Cassi, did you write that poem? If so, you are super talented.
Your mom looks like you.
Cassi - that tribute to your mom totally made me cry! And thank you for your example of ignoring the dishes and taking time for the more important things in life. What a wonderful mother you are. Hope you had a happy mother's day!
-Tamera
how sweet Cas!
I saw your mom and brother, is my guess, at the temple on Saturday. We were there for some friends' sealing and out they walked!
You, my dear, are an amazing mother, person, friend, woman! Thanks for your example- and Happy Mother's Day to you!
Cass, i loved it! i hope you are doing well I heard the wedding was great and i heard you met my mom! Post soon love to know whats going on with the family!
Post a Comment