Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Introducing Leah Katherine Capell

She's here and we are loving having a little girl in the house. Leah was born October 3rd at 7:49 am. She weighed in at 7 lbs 7 oz and 19 inches long. In the hospital they took these amazing pictures... http://live.bellababyphotography2.com/gallery Once you click on this link you have to view photos and enter a passcode 1003leahcapell
Love them!

Leah's Birth Story...
I don't know why mom's feel a need to share all the details but we do and since this is mostly my journal I wanted to record the event. Leah was due on Sunday the 2nd and I had been having contractions Saturday night but nothing constant or regular. Then Sunday my sis in law gave me her famous labor inducing foot rub and about 1 am Monday morning I started having regular contractions. They started about five minutes apart and stayed consistent through the night. At about 5 am I decided they were getting more intense and we should go to the hospital. I called my mom to come stay with the boys. Ben and I got to the hospital about 6am and into a room by 6:15. I was dilated to a 4 and then my contractions started to get pretty intense. My doctor was on his way. The anistesiologist was tied up in a c-section and another wouldn't be there for half an hour. We quickly realized there wasn't going to be time for an epidural. My body was moving so fast. I looked panicked to Ben and he was so calm and supportive. "You can do this". The doctor that delivered Leah (my doctor didn't make it!) was a resident or intern and younger than Ben and I. He looked freaked out, especially when they told him I was a vbac. But everything went fast and smooth thankfully. Leah was born at 7:49 am. After it was all over I was glad I hadn't gotten the epidural. I felt so good. They took me down to recovery. And about an hour later I started hemorrhaging. It was a crazy amount of blood and I was in a lot of pain. The doctor came in and did basically a D&C. I kinda lost it. It hurt so badly and the nurses felt bad they didn't give me any pain killer before all of this. I felt so much better after the doctor left but I couldn't stop crying. I think hormones caught up to me, plus I had been on a high from the adrenalin of delivering Leah. So kind of a crazy day. I am so glad Leah and I are both healthy. We all just love little Leah!

14 comments:

Katherine said...

I LOVE the name Leah! And of course I love her middle name! You even spelled it correctly! :) Love you guys! Sorry it was kind of stressful - but glad she is here and that you guys are both ok! I can't wait to meet her!

Em Russ said...

love everything about her except that she is so far away!! :) Glad you're doing ok. So scary! Wish I could come bring you potato soup and fold your laundry! man, I miss you!!

Melinda said...

Congrats on the beautiful little girl. Sorry to hear about the rough post-delivery. But, I'm glad everyone is healthy and home now!

megship said...

Congrats you guys! Wow, if anyone can do this epiduralless you can Cassi! I would love to meet her sometime when you guys are settled! Let us know so we can make you some dinny din din!

Ashley said...

Congrats you guys!! So glad she is here safe and sound and that you are okay!! Enjoy!! Hugs!!

Lori and Matt said...

Yea! She's here! I've been thinking about you all week- hoping you weren't still preggers. :) Crazy story- glad she came fast. Way to go!

Good luck with #3- wish I was closer to bring you a meal or take the boys for an afternoon. I love the little picture of Leah yawning. So precious!

Stacie Aho said...

She's precious!! Love the pictures. What a crazy birth story! How nice that your labor was short. :) (but still, not easy I'm sure!).

I'm glad you are okay and the docs took care of your. I'm sure that was so scary!

Congrats you guys!!

Autie said...

I'm happy everything turned out and Leah is healthy! Congratulations to your family. Little girls are the best!

AshlieM said...

Cass, she is beautiful and I am glad that you are doing alright! Scary! Sorry that i missed your shower, it was ben's bday! Hopefully you are doing ok and Leah is a doll!! Congrats!

Shay said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! She is BEAUTIFUL! WOW! What a delivery...you are so awesome in every way Cassi!

The Giles said...

Congratulations Cassi! What a beautiful little girl, and a beautiful name. Congrats on a little girl. Hope you are doing well.

kelly said...

She is so beautiful! I just LOVE the name! Congratulations! I'm so happy for you guys! I'm so glad that you both are healthy, kind of scary for a little while! Great job without the epidural, Wow! Wish we were closer. This is Lisa Busby, not sure why I am anonymous in this.

stephanie said...

Congratulations! I didn't know you were expecting! I am so happy for you guys, We need to get together sometime, we moved to utah and live in bountiful I would love to see you guys, we are expecting another girl in a couple of weeks, they can be friends! I am glad everything went well

john and nikki said...

Congrats guys! So excited for you guys to finally have a girl. Glad you are doing well despite the birthing woes. Miss you guys!