I had to share this story. This morning I was cleaning up the house while Josh was watching Curious George. I realized it was garbage day so I quickly got all the trash together to run out to the curb. Josh was intently watching his show so I thought I would be safe leaving him and running outside for 2 seconds. I shut the door behind me without him even flinching, dumped the trash on the curb, and came back upstairs. When I went to open the door I realized it was locked! Josh was now inside calling my name and I was standing in my jam stained pajamas locked outside of my apartment. Aaaahh! Ben was at the temple and wouldn't be reachable or home for at least a few hours. My neighbor had his door open and I asked him for help. Did he think we could pick the lock? He said he could probably climb up onto my balcony from outside. (We live on the second story so this was probably doable). Josh does know how to open the door and since it wasn't deadbolted all he had to do was pull the handle. He hasn't done it for a long time. But I started knocking on the door.
"Josh can you open the door?"
"Tah"
"Josh open it, pull on the handle"
"tah"
Then tada my little 16 month old hero opened the door and saved me. Both my neighbor and I cheered and Josh started clapping for himself and giving my neighbor five.
All in all could have been a scary experience but was over in less than five minutes and turned out just fine. Thanks Josh!
Wednesday, July 2, 2008
Josh the Hero
Posted by Cassi at 9:33 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Cute story cass, I love hearing the funny things Josh is doing!.. not to mention the funny things you are doing lol
This happened to me several times with Isobel in our last apartment, except she would turn the lock and lock me out, she never figured out how to turn the lock the other way to let me in, so the good ol' credit card would do the trick.
I felt like a burglar.
It's amazing how smart these little ones are. Way to go Josh! By the way your little baby ticker for #3 looks just like your pregnant profile. You are such a cute pregnant woman!
-becky
That is a fun and cute story, I am happy it all worked out. lol
way to go josh!
That's cute! We had a scary experience with Ty too, it's on the blog. I am glad that everything went well!
Post a Comment