If any of you seasoned Moms have advice for me I am open to suggestions. Josh spent most of today throwing all out tantrums. I think it is a combination of teething, hence not enough sleep, not being able to communicate, and really just being frustrated he can't have what he wants all the time. At first it was pretty funny, but by the end of the day I felt like throwing myself on the ground and kicking and screaming too.
Pretty funny this little guy. Our babies have such strong independent souls--wouldn't have it any different. I love my little Joshie!
8 comments:
I know it's stupid, but that video almost made me cry. Josh needs to be hanging out with my babies (especially Zack... Johnny says that he needs a man-friend). That is EXACTLY how my little Zacky acts. I can't stand it that we don't get to let them be together. grrrrrrr.
Also, I did hear one idea for tantrums that goes along with your post... someone in my ward said that when her kid threw a tantrum the mom looked at her and then did the exact same thing (screaming on the floor, kicking, etc.) The kid just looked at her like she was crazy, but the tantrum stopped. Make sure to get that on video and have Ben post it if you give it a try!
And, sorry I know this is a LONG comment, but speaking of Ben, I haven't seen or talked to Ben in so long! That video made me miss him too. (Why don't you just move back HOME! I bet your tulips will be blooming soon-if the squirrel's haven't eaten them!!)
Kisses right back at ya Josh! Aubrey is doing the same thing, it has been driving me crazy too. We've been trying to teach her sign language, and it's been helping a bit. We ask her what she wants and sign she has to stop and think about it, and then sign back to us. But I've resolved myself that she will through tantrums and be difficult from here on out (well until things hopefully get better when she turns 3, only 2 more years of tantrums). I wish I had better ideas or help for you. If you find anything that works let me know.
Oh, that is totally Dax too! So funny how alike they are. Tre never threw himself on the ground like that. So I just let Dax throw his tantrums and just make sure he is safe and won't hurt himself. So funny how he would stop to blow kisses though. Dax does it too and it just melts my heart. Thank goodness amongst their strong personalities they have a sweet side. We are teaching Dax sign language just like Emily and Mindy. Anything to help him not be so frustrated. Thank goodness these are little stages and we'll look back and laugh.
Poor little guy! I'm impressed with how easily you guys react and try to make him laugh. Good job! And good luck. We're not to the tantrum stage with Caroline yet, but it may be coming up soon for us. Great video!
Well, Isaac has done the same thing every day of his life probably! :) It sounds like from the comments that we are all in the same boat. And, I agreet, frustration of not being able to communicate. Just like your friend said, that video made me miss Ben. Hope to see you soon and hope you are doing well! Josh is a doll (even when crying)!
I can totally relate! Jane has been in a tantrum stage for awhile -- I think teething and lack of communication skills are big factors. I just tell her, if she'd just learn to talk we could find a way to work through it much more reasonably :). So far, she hasn't taken my advice. Best of luck!
I hear visiting friends in Ireland helps relieve cranky symptoms in toddlers... something in the air. :-)
I think everyone goes through it at some point. I used to keep a Baby Einstein in the DVD player and switched it on during the hard to bear moments. The music and random shapes would calm her when she was tired and beyond reason. If you don't have any, let me know and I will send you some. Unless you are against using TV to calm your child. In which case I am of no use. (This clearly wouldn't work now for me, or Samantha would throw a fit all the time so she could watch TV since she is only permitted 30 minutes a day, or she can bank them all week for a movie.)
Thankfully Josh is to young to 'use' the system. :-)
I love the kiss at the end. I think he redeemed himself with that.
I don't really have any advice for you on this one. I wish the tantrums at my house were this cute. I just send my kids to their room. Josh is probably a little young for that.
I too wish you lived closer. Dax and Zack are SO cute together, both so little. It would be so fun to see Josh toddling around with them too!
Post a Comment