I know you are all thinking it or you will be thinking it after you read this. We do sometimes feel crazy. My new motto is Enjoy the Now.
I have been waiting to update our plans to be sure that we weren't going to change our minds again. I haven't figured out a way to explain our plans without people saying "Wow", "crazy", or "you guys sure are adventurous". I definitely do not feel adventurous and it would be kind of nice to answer "what's up?" with a simple "nothing, just the same old". Anyway here goes...
1. We bought a townhome in Springville. And I still have a few boxes to unpack, but we are feeling settled. I am sure I will make friends, but I really miss my Boston ward, friends, and neighbors. We like being close to family, and Josh is really loving being the center of attention.
2. Ben has postponed Business school for a year to contine working on Personal Pathways. It is a really good experience for him, and he is enjoying the challenge and responsibility. Since we are living in Utah, he is commuting to Washington D.C. every other week. He has leased some office space in Orem.
3. In January Personal Pathways will launch a test site in D.C., and Ben will need to be on site full time. So we will move to D.C. sometime in January for probably six months. I think we will rent some place furnished and just bring some of our stuff.
The rest of the plans are still up in the air...
4. We may just leave our place as it is and empty. Or we may try to rent it to family. Either way hopfully we won't have to pack up much stuff. (I can't actually imagine turning around in January and putting stuff back in boxes).
5. Ben has deferred his acceptance to BYU MBA until next year, so we may stay in our townhome and he will go to BYU. Or we are still toying with the idea of applying to a few other schools. This is a hard one, because Ben really likes the program at BYU. Yet in the past we have both felt that maybe we should be somewhere else. What it really comes down to is that we just need to understand where the Lord would have us go. And then the decision will be easier.
Ok that's that. No guarantees that it won't change, but for my sanity I sure hope it doesn't. Oh yeah... I really like our cute townhome. I will post some pictures as soon as it is put together enough.
Thursday, September 27, 2007
"You guys must be crazy."
Posted by Cassi at 10:16 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
I'm glad that you guys are crazy... I like crazy people! And we miss you here like crazy. The weather is getting to be awesome (my favorite time of year) and I keep thinking about Cameron and missing him like crazy too. I'm still holding out for your crazy life to bring you back to Boston... maybe??
Nate and I are hoping you'll come visit FL on your adventures! We would LOVE to see you. I can't tell you how many times I think of you, Ben, Cameron and Joshua. We pray for you all of the time. We miss you guys and love to hear about all of your "crazy adventures!"
holy smokes! That's one crazy life! But, you're happy, and you're together, and that's what counts! Maybe some day we'll figure out this hanging out thing and see eachother!
I'm so glad you posted an update. I love hearing about your fun adventures - they don't seem crazy at all!! :) Sounds like life is good for the entire family.
Cassi, so good to hear from you! I've loved looking through your blog and your craziness sounds like fun (and a lot like how we live life at our house)! You'll definitely have to come to C-ville when you're in DC and we can have a Weston 2 reunion with the Mills and the Evans. Also, I have to put in a plug for Darden -- it's been better than we even imagined! Thanks for keeping in touch -- and do you mind if I post a link to your blog on ours so I can keep updated?
Post a Comment