Monday, October 26, 2009

Time

Cameron would be five today. Can that really be true. I had to backtrack to each of his birthdays and count...is that really right, and it is. I cannot believe it has been more than 3 years since I've pressed my forehead to his and heard his little voice. I miss him just as much as I did 3 years ago. The missing is just as strong the hurt has subsided some. Time is such a strange measurement. I remember reading somewhere how time feels foreign to us because it is only a mortal measurement not an eternal one. I think about this when I think how long it's been since I've had my Cameron and how much longer till I see him again. I also think of this when I worry about him missing us. But today I will try to be glad for the time I had with Cameron, for the memories we made together and knowing that one day we will ALL be together without time in the way.




13 comments:

The Busby Family said...

What a beautiful boy.

Erin said...

Cass,

That broke and warmed my heart at the same time. Thank you for your openness and gentile sentiments. I love you.

Heidi said...

Thinking about you guys today, and missing Cameron with you.

The Giles said...

Tears...

I love that you are open and do so much to remember that sweet boy. Thinking of you guys!

Emily Leininger said...

I remember that day! What a sweet boy he is. We miss him and think of you and Ben often.

Andrea said...

You are so amazing. I was sad we couldn't be there for Cameron's birthday. We love you guys. Love you Cameron!

AshlieM said...

That was a sweet post Cassi. We are thinking of you.

Amber said...

Beautiful post Cassi. I love you.

megship said...

Wonderful post and beautiful tribute. Cameron is smiling, I'm sure of it.

Boston Paynes said...

I can't believe Cameron would be 5!! Wish we could be there to give you both a big hug from us. Cameron would be so proud of you both in keeping his memory and spirit fresh in everyones hearts that love him.

Em Russ said...

I've had your blog open for days on a tab on my computer waiting for things to be quiet enough for me to write a good comment. Not that I really have anything profound to say. I miss him though. I'm sure it's nothing like what you guys do but I still remember when we took most of those pictures of him. I'm just grateful that of the few people who got to be a real part of his sweet life, I was one of them. Love your little man and love you guys. Happy 5th birthday Cameron J!

Em Russ said...

p.s. I just showed Lila the pictures and asked her if there was anything she wanted to say. Her response: "I love him!"

Audrey and the Boys said...

Thinking of you and Cameron. Time is strange. It can seem so long and also make you count to see if it has really been that long. It will be wonderful when time isn't in the way. Thanks for sharing your thoughts.