Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Mother's Day

What a beautiful day. I'll give you a play by play. I am in love with my boys...all of them. I think so often, how did I get so lucky? Ben and Josh made me breakfast this morning, and Josh was so excited to tell me happy mother's day and give me flowers. So sweet. I am thankful for a husband and father who teaches his boys to respect and treasure their mother. What a gift.
I spent sacrament meeting holding back tears. Thinking my sweet Cameron should be up there singing with the primary. I tried to picture his little blonde head and blue eyes singing to me and waving at his brothers from the stand. How I miss him.....so much lately.
Weston didn't want to sit in church today so I sat outside in the beautiful sunshine kissing on the soft rolls of his neck listening to his giggle. It must be the most magical sound--your child's laughter.
After church Josh napped and I napped snuggled up with Wes while Ben made dinner. How great is that! Like I said, how did I get so lucky? We had some great friends over for dinner and the kids played. Then tonight as I am typing this Ben is convincing Josh it is bedtime (late Sunday nap). Josh calls for me. He only wants me to change his poopy diaper. I listen to my 2 year old's expanding vocabulary as he talks and talks avoiding bedtime. He has us laughing at his sweet imagination. Can't the dinosaur rock him to sleep? He asks.
I love being a mom.

6 comments:

Jenny C said...

...and what a great mom you are, Cass!! Miss you guys!

megship said...

Ben needs to give Ty some pointers on making dinner. I am very impressed! We really want to see your boys the next time you are visiting. Let us know the next time you are here!

Erin said...

Sigh. What a lovely post. I think I am going to go and snuggle my little family. Be right back...

...ah. Thanks for the continual reminder that family is precious. Thanks for having us over.

LOVE the new picture at the top.

AshlieM said...

What a great Mother's Day. You are such a wonderful Mother and you're boys are lucky to have you! Your posts are always so sweet.

Anonymous said...

Love you Cassi!

Lilies and Lace said...

Wow, you are quite the model mom. I could definitely take a few pointers from you.