Sunday, August 26, 2007

Change is in the Air

So it seems that the only thing consistent around here is change. Ben has decided to postpone school and stay on with Personal Pathways for 10 months until they are up and running. He is excited about it and it is an opportunity we couldn't pass up. However it means life is a little less certain for the next year. We may possibly need to move to Washington DC the first of the year for 3-6 months.

We had a lot of fun in California, but our place was empty and with the dreaded year mark approaching we decided to leave early so we could be in Utah over August 16th. I am glad we did this because it was nice to be with family and to have Grandma babysit so Ben and I could be in the temple that day. However now we are in Utah and we don't have anywhere to live. We have been trying to decide if we should buy a place, and after much back and forth and frustration we have decided to patiently wait until Ben's uncles place is available (hopefully early October).

Ben's parents are kindly letting us stay in their basement and now that I have relaxed about buying a place things are going well. We are just trying to enjoy this time with family. Josh is really loving all the attention from his grandparents, aunts, and uncles. I cannot believe how fast he is growing up. He is a wiggle worm and likes to wrestle. He is fast and coordinated with his hands, and really enjoys pulling hair. He just sprouted his 3rd tooth (the top one). I will post some pictures of him soon....

4 comments:

Em Russ said...

What? A third tooth! Slow down Joshy boy! I miss you guys so much. I'm glad to know your finally getting a little bit settled (in the basement at least!) We'll talk soon!

john and nikki said...

sounds like things are crazy for you guys too! let us know if you do go to DC for a few months because we would lvoe to get together. John will be in the academy until early Feb., so I am sure I will head there to visit at some point when I am freezing in Boston and NY this winter.

Timo said...

Woah! Lots of life changes! Sounds like the Lord is leading you to where you need to be. Hang on!

Looks like Josh is the star around there. We spent time in Utah this summer and I loved how my family fussed over Caroline. So fun!

=becky

Meta said...

wow! you guys are adventuresome! i'm sure you are creating great memories with all the moving and changes.