Thursday, May 17, 2007

So much going on...

We are really leaving Boston and I have such mixed feelings. We are trying to get moving plans made, and all that crazy stuff that comes with a cross country move. So we are literally moving cross country. Ben has taken a summer job opportunity in California (outside of San Francisco). It really will just be a long vacation since we will only be there 7 weeks. But we have to find a place to stay and some furniture since we are going to leave our stuff in Utah. I am giving myself headaches thinking about it all. It will be a fun adventure to be in California. I have never been to San Francisco, and Ben is pretty excited for some different work. Plus our friends Luke and Emily will be there, and they can show us all the cool stuff.

I just got back from the Doctor. Josh has been fussy and I wanted to make sure he didn't have an earache. He doesn't--he is teething! I know he is only 3 months, but he is slobbering and chewing on everything. The nurse didn't believe me when I called but Cameron got his first tooth really early also. So we will see what happens.

This is a random post, but leaving Boston is making me sad and thinking about Cameron and all the fun we had here. Our neighbors donated to the Watertown library in Cameron's name and there is a ceremony of sorts on Sunday at 1:30. There is a plaque in the children's room with Cameron's name and they are now putting a brick outside with his name on it as well. It will be neat to see it.

8 comments:

Andrea said...

Cassi- I am so excited that you're blogging! It will be a great way to keep in touch. The kiddie kandids turned out SO cute!

Heidi said...

We have friends and family in the Bay area, if you need some help getting this all set up, just let me know.

Em Russ said...

You know you don't really have to leave, right... you can move in to my basement if you want to!!

Mel said...

Hi! I found your blog through Heidi. I feel your angst in leaving Boston, even though we were there just a short while. I sure do miss the beauty and people. Congratulations on the arrival of Josh, he is so beautiful!

Shay said...

Congratulations on starting a new chapter in your life. I am so excited for you and your family. I love that you have a blog so we can stay in touch. I am so sad to see you leave...you will be missed so much!

Meta said...

I found your blog from Shayna and Heidi's. I'm so excited to read your updates...wow, you guys have alot going on. My sister lives in the palo alto area and may have some housing ideas. I'll send you an email. congrats to ben on starting BYU business school. Your post about the library and Cameron is really special. I'm sure it's hard to leave so many special friendships and memories. Take care.

Boston Paynes said...

I know how you feel about leaving Boston. It will be a bittersweet experience. That is really neat about Cameron & the library. He will always be remembered. We are looking forward to having you on the "west coast". Best wishes on your move !!

john and nikki said...

Hey girl...didn't realize you blogged until i saw your link on the payne's blog. i'm so excited to hear about your adventures and to keep in touch with you guys that way. good luck with the move, moving from boston was tough for us too, we hope to move back some day. good luck with the transition. when are you leaving? that's awesome about the plaque and the library remembering and honoring cameron. joshua looks just like him!