Friday, December 30, 2011

Weston's Tonsillectomy

Weston had his tonsils out the week after Christmas. His tonsils are always huge and he has never been a good eater or sleeper so after a recommendation from the dentist and a go ahead from the ENT we did it. And man was it rough. I was not prepared for how hard it was going to be. He didn't have any complications or anything it is just a horrible recovery. He literally ate nothing for 7 days. I was syringing teaspoons of water down his throat while he screamed his head off. Miserable I tell you, miserable. It was a good 2-3 weeks before he was himself again. We thought he had apnea and he is doing better. He seems to be eating better and happier most of the time. But I will definitely think twice if we have another kid with huge tonsils. Poor guy.

2 comments:

Em Russ said...

lol... ok. not laughing at your torture (or his) but about you thinking twice about doing the surgery again. SO SO sorry!

Rhandi said...

Bummer man! That sounds awful for both you and Weston! We are getting the same suggestion for BOTH Cayman and Hudson. Cayman snores and we think he has apnea and Hudson's tonsils are always gigantic and he gets sick more then he should. At this point, it's just something the Doc has tossed around. Good to know your experience as we are still considering at this point.