Friday, November 25, 2011

Josh's broken arm

Josh broke his arm. I was glad it happened on a Saturday and Ben was here to take care of it. Josh was just playing inside and jumped from his knees over a pillow and landed on his arm. Of course that is how it goes...my crazy daredevil child doesn't even have a great story to go behind the cast. Cameron broke his foot when he was 15 months old tripping over a book. He too could have had a much more interesting story. So poor Josh snapped both bones in his right arm. It was very close to being a compound fracture, thank goodness the bone didn't break the skin. I was grossed out enough as it was. We spent the day in the ER and he came home with a splint. He will wear the splint for a few weeks then a long hard cast and then a short hard cast. Hopefully he will be cast free the second week in January. Josh is doing very well with one arm and his dominant arm in the cast. He is adapting much better than I would. Weston, however, was just getting use to his baby sister and now is having a very hard time with his brother getting so much attention. I feel like I have three babies right now.

0 comments: