Thursday, December 16, 2010

Big Feet

We have a Cameron chest in Weston's room that the boys love to get into lately. We keep special Cameron treasures; binky and deedee, baseball glove and ball, blanket, favorite outfit, teddy bear, elmo, and his red shoes. Some of these things like the bear and elmo long ago were brought out and now live in the toy room. And some things like the baseball and deedee get brought out and played with then I slip them back into the chest. Wes carried around the baseball all day making sure to tell everyone it was Cameron's baseball. Josh told Weston he could play with it cause Cameron was good at sharing and he was in heaven so he couldn't play with it now. So sweet and so sad at the same time.

Then the other day Josh was trying on Cameron's red shoes.
They were too big! A size 9 fit Cameron at 21 months old and my nearly 4 year old still doesn't quite fill them.
I forgot how big his hands and feet were.
I love this picture of all their shoes...Ben thinks it is sad. Which I guess it is, but it reminds me of the amazing blessing Cameron is in our family. My boys have a big brother who can guide them and watch over them. He reminds me that there is a bigger picture and to keep an eternal perspective. And he reminds me that life is supposed to be fun.

4 comments:

Em Russ said...

ohhh... those shoes get me every time. That picture is so sweet and so heartbreaking! I remember when you bought them for him... he had the biggest feet EVER!! I can't believe they still don't fit that munchkin Josh. I love what he said about Cameron sharing. It's totally true. He was so sweet and shared everything! Love him. Miss him. Love those pictures of his sweet red shoes!

john and nikki said...

so sweet cassi. that picture brought tears to my eyes.

The Busby Family said...

Oh, thanks for sharing Cassi. So heartbreaking, you sweet boys. I love that the boys talk about Cameron all the time. I bet it helps and hurts at the same time. And sweet Josh letting Wes play with Cameron's ball, so cute. I'm so sorry your Cameron is not with you now. I would have loved to have known him. Miss you guys, we should try and get together next summer. What are your plans after school? Back to DC??? We will be there for 8 months starting next fall. I would love to hand out with you again. We are missing our friends so much.

Natalie said...

SO sweet! The picture is both sweet and sad, but I LOVE how you have constant reminders of Cameron so Josh and Wes will always know who their big brother was. Thanks for sharing and I loved seeing you guys while we were home even if it was for only a short time.