Monday, June 14, 2010

Mexico Trip

Ben had a week between school getting out and starting his internship. So we decided to take a trip to Mexico. We left the boys with Grandmas. We had a blast. Why don't we do this every year?

This is the view from our condo

Our beach where I learned that in my old age I am turning into a wimp. Ben was body surfing the gigantic waves. I tried and just got pounded to the point of then being chicken of the surf in general. I know I am a wimp...but the waves really were huge!

We look a little sad in this picture cause it is our last time on the beach before we leave.

View from our dinner on the beach.


This was so fun. We took a ferry boat to a remote location only reached by boat where they have this restaurant and performance set up. It was gorgeous...very survival like with torches everywhere. I loved it!

One day we went on zipline excursion through the mountains. It was fun with 13 different ziplines down the mountain, and then at the bottom we slid down the waterfall and swung on the ropeswing into the river. The water was freezing!

Mexico...can I come back?

8 comments:

Shay said...

How much fun! I can't wait for a little getaway with my man...just don't know when that will be yet. I'm so glad you guys escaped by yourself for a while! Looks like so much fun. I completely understand what you mean about the ocean...it wears me out and then I start thinking about all the sharks and sea life and then get all freaked out. I'm really good at sunbathing though! :)

lramey said...

oh the fun!!!! what a beautiful fun place!!! and oh to have your body! you're beautiful!

AshlieM said...

How fun! I am jealous, was that at Grandma's condo? We need to go back there sometime, we need a vacation BAD!

Shelley said...

So glad you could get away. I love trips alone - there's something so wonderful and refreshing about it. Last time Paul and I went off I told him, "I could do this once a month." To which he smiled and replied "I could do it once a week." Gotta love it.

Kay said...

I would say you where smart not taking in the waves, not a wimp.

Beautiful view.

Rhandi said...

Wow Cassie- what an awesome trip, it sounds like you had so much fun. I love the zipline trip and the sweet boat ride to a island restaurant-very cool. PS- you totally rock that bikini!

Ashley said...

Looks like a blast! Glad you got a chance to get away and to such a fun place! I can't believe how big the boys are getting! They are as cute as ever!! Miss you!

Stacie Aho said...

Looks so so fun!!! How nice to get away without the kiddos. And check out those abs, girl! I'm impressed!