Sunday, November 18, 2007

Good Friends...

We just returned from a trip to Washington DC and Virginia. Ben had meetings in DC, so Josh and I came along for the ride and also to try to sort out our living situation. It was a good trip.

We flew into DC and then drove down to Charlottesville, Virginia. There we stayed with some great friends Rich and Emily. It was a beautiful drive into the south and we LOVED Charlottesville. It was peak season for the Fall foliage, and absolutely breath taking. Our friends live in this little neighborhood where every house sits on 2-3 acres of land. The houses cirlce a small pond with huge trees. There were even geese and a blue heron.

It was so fun to reconnect with old friends. We were also able to spend a little time with Amy and Mark. I loved being with friends who know me and my complete family. (I am still learning how to forge friendships with new people who don't know Cameron or me as Cameron's mom.) Josh had so much fun with Rich and Emily's girls.

After our 2 day stay in Charlottesville we drove back up to DC. Ben had meetings and we drove around looking at a few areas. We met Ben's friend from his mission and are going to rent their condo in Falls Church, Virginia. It really has seemed to work out perfectly. I like the condo and it is in a good area. There is a pond and walking trails nearby and a metro stop a mile away. So I am getting excited to live in DC and explore all it has to offer. Our plan is to move the first to middle of January and be there for 6 months.

So I didn't take one single picture of our trip. I brought the camera and everything....oh well. Josh did really well sleeping and being a good sport in the car. He is such a fun little guy and I love to watch him with other people. He loves people and is not afraid to go to new people. He just smiles and captures everyone's heart. How fun to be his mom!
....oh yeah I must mention that Josh threw up on the plane ride there AND on the plane ride home. I am just not sure what to do about that. He is not sick. He just gags VERY easily and then will throw up. I get very nervous to feed him anything when we are anywhere but home. Oh well I hope he grows out of it.

10 comments:

Em Russ said...

I'm so glad your trip went well. I've been hoping that it would work out and that you would feel good about everything. And I can't believe you didn't take a single picture!! :) Guess it's good you're moving there (and I can't wait to visit!!)

john and nikki said...

I wish i had known you were coming. We have eben in the DC/VA area for the past few weeks, we leave wed. to head north to NY/Boston for the winter. Unfortunately, the girls and i won't be around in Jan., but maybe John can meet up with you guys? He's in Quantico, so not too far. He graduates the beginning of Feb, maybe we can see you then.

Mindy said...

Sounds like a fun trip! We will so have to come visit you. I LOVE the DC area!! I hope everything goes smoothly with the move. Hopefully next time you travel Josh will restrain from throwing up; unless he aims for one of those rude people who get mad at kids and their parents on the airplane. Josh could be our only weapon against those people. :)

carie said...

hi guys!
I wanted to email you but can't find your address. There is a cambridge second ward reunion in utah over christmas. Since you are already there, I thought you might be interested. If so, email me!
Carie

Andrea said...

What a fun trip! I was just telling Nate how much I miss our Boston friends--and both the Evans and the Mclauglins names came up. I love the pictures of Josh! He is looking so much older. I can just see him pushing around Cameron's old bike and almost walking. I remember how much Cameron loved that bike and how Emma always wanted to play on it when we came over. You life sounds like such a fun adventure! I'm hoping that visitng FL is still in the cards! Talk to you soon. Andrea

Meta said...

how fun to see the Evans. Sounds beautiful! Sorry to hear about the plane ride and throwing up...Abby had that problem too! Made traveling a bit difficult! Good to read your update!

Amy & Mark said...

We loved seeing you guys and hope we get to see you more! Also, I'm trying to collect addresses for our Christmas cards and for some reason, I don't have your email. Would you mind sending me your address? Thanks!

Amy & Mark said...

We loved seeing you guys and hope we get to see you more! Also, I'm trying to collect addresses for our Christmas cards and for some reason, I don't have your email. Would you mind sending me your address? Thanks!

Emily Leininger said...

Love your blog! Luke just talked to Ben. It sounds like things are working out really smoothly for DC in January. Nice to have a place to live and someone to live in your condo.

john and nikki said...

looks like you guys had a lot of fun! the pics turned out great and josh is cuter than ever!