Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Cameron's Birthday

I wanted to post some pictures from Cameron's Birthday. It ended up being a really nice day. Thanks to all for thinking of us and praying for us.

First thing Friday morning I received an email from Heidi Stanger telling me about the tragedy in her family. (Her brother and his wife lost their twin 15 month old boys suddenly and tragically). My heart just ached for them. This caused me to reflect on all the many blessings I have received since Cameron's passing. I thought back to the days and weeks after the accident and how much divine help I received. I remembered once again the feelings and impressions I had of Cameron and his mission. I thought of his excitement to be about the Lord's work. It was a good way to start this day I had been so anxious about. I again knew that the Lord hadn't forsaken me, and it was all part of His plan.

Ben and I went to the temple in the morning and then in the afternoon both of our families met at the cemetery. We brought balloons tied to pumpkins and had the cousins and Sydney let them off "high to the moon". Josh loved playing with the balloons and watching them float higher and higher. It was a peaceful and beautiful night. Then we all went to our place and ate yummy soup (thanks to Grandmas). I made a baseball cake and "Bobie" helped blow out the candles. We ate cake and watched videos of Cameron. We didn't want it to be too sad and it ended up being nice to remember him and to hear his little voice and laugh. All in all a lot of things we will repeat next year. I must say the birthday was much easier than the anniversary. It was nice to have a day to just celebrate Cameron and his life. Love you buddy!



Watching the balloons go "high to the moon"



6 comments:

Mindy said...

Cassi thanks for sharing these great pictures. It brought tears to my eyes. I'm so happy that his birthday was better than the anniversary. We were thinking about you all that day, I hope you got our voice message. And just to comment on your previous blog about Josh. He is so big, he looks so different. I can't believe he is waling even with his bike, you guys just make very advanced children.

Shay said...

Thanks for posting about that special day. You were all in our thoughts and prayers out here in Boston. Cameron will not be forgotten! I love how you sent the balloons..."high to the moon"...what a great experience for Josh and a great way to celebrate his life!

lramey said...

How sweet! My heart breaks for what you've gone through the last year of life, but we are sooo grateful to know you and love you! Monday night was sooo fun!!!! We loved visiting with you! Josh is the cutest thing ever! I could look at his eyes all day!

Amy & Mark said...

I can't say how much I admire your faith and strength. What a beautiful way to remember Cameron's birthday!

Amy & Mark said...

We loved getting to see you guys in C-ville! Here's to the hope of seeing more of you during your time in D.C.!

Em Russ said...

So I must have missed this post last time or I forgot to comment... anyway, I just wanted to tell you what a sweet post it was. I wish we could have been there with you to celebrate. (And your cake was awesome! Perfect for Cameron!!)